Saturday, September 25, 2010

The Return of the Creepy 34 yr old & Date #8 The cocky dude who shot his dog.

First, as you remember, I sent that email to that man who was wishing me goodnight after the first time I spoke with him. He originally responded with this response:


RE: hey
wow, sorry to hear that. good luck. you seem like a great girl.

jon

Personally, if someone ever said something like what I said to him to me (which they wouldn't because I'm not a creepster), I wouldn't even bother writing back. However... that was fine that he said that and I left it be. Until last night (while I was waiting for my date to show up, ironically) I get this message: 

Re: RE: hey
your email has bothered me today. u seemed like a great person and to be so judgemental sucked. I am in charge of 11 employees and all of them I say I hope u have a great night sorry if your used to jack asses. but I am old school and polite. never has anyone said I should be any different. and from a sox.fan. I was excited to get to know u. sorry I know it means nothing but had to say it

First of all, how you do have 11 employees if you can barely form a sentence, use "u", and don't know the correct usage of your/you're?! Are you a manager at Mickey D's?! And I never understand this "You seem like a great person" thing. You don't know me. Just because I can send a nice email doesn't mean I am nice. Clearly, I'm not. And no-this doesn't mean I only date jackasses, this means I date men that don't wish me goodnight the first day I talk to them!

However, I was hanging out with 2 friends last night (after my date--I'll get to that shortly) and they told me they thought this was perfectly appropriate that he was emailing me more than once and saying these things. 

On to Date 8.

We went to a local bar (5 mins from my house--that's how I like it). He was actually a lot cuter than I thought he was going to be (He was one of those where he looks cute in some pictures--but not so much in others) but short (I'm trying to get over this whole I deny you immediately if you're under 5'9 thing). We went inside and sat at the bar. And chatted. He shot his dog when it was old to put it out of its misery (is this REALLY first date conversation?). He was just kind of cocky which I really dont like--he made sure to tell me about what schools he applied to for grad school (Yale, Harvard, Cornell, Johns Hopkins) and to tell me that my apartment complex where I live sucks (his condo is soooooo much better). Also, he may have a drinking/gambling problem. 

Now the weirdest thing. First of all, he was texting on the date. Big no-no. Turns out, (I of course totally read his texts as he was texting--he referred to me as a "chica") his friend was on his way down to south jersey and was just so happening to pass the bar. So when it was time to leave (I had other evening plans-which he knew) he decided he was going to stay at the bar because his friend was going to come hang out with him. NOW, if I didn't know any better, I would think he scheduled two dates at the same place. However, I did read the text to his friend so I know he didn't. I may have liked him more if he had scheduled 2 dates in a row, because that's kind of awesome and funny. So I left, didn't pay for my drink, and haven't heard from him since. 

No comments:

Post a Comment