Thursday, September 9, 2010

Date #7 Complete. It lasted about an hour and a half.

We shall call this boy The Ugly Vegetarian.

I called him when I parked in town to see if he was there yet. The moment I heard his voice...I was like, oh great. This is going to be bad. New Rule--Talk to the men on the phone before meeting. When I walked up...I wasn't disappointed (remember, I'm thinking--Oh god. Hes going to be terrible). He was. He had a wrinkley shirt on. And weird shoes. And his hair was a hot mess. He needed a haircut. It was an awkward hello. We went inside and sat upstairs. We talked about his love of cranberry juice and how he doesn't really drink. And the old lady who owns a farm who's house he lives in. And how she feeds him. WTF? We can't get it on in the farm house. You have a real job...get a real apartment. And he has no TV. Not cool. How am I supposed to watch reality tv after we get it on?????

So we ate. It was fine. Conversation never really stopped. We mostly discussed cranberry juice. And reality tv. And cranberry juice.

Then he paid. Then we left. I hugged him goodbye in front of all these people in the parking garage. And said it was nice to meet him. Everyone prob knew we were an online date. I hope he never contacts me. I think he knew we weren't a good match.

I actually had a moment when we were being seated when I wanted to flee. And be like... I have to go. We're not a good match. But I didn't. This was worse than Airforce Boy.

New Rules:

*No military
*No men that only have two pictures and are questionable looking.
*No midwesterners. They're all weird.


He's not even vegetarian for any reason. Just because he wants to eat healthy. So...he had french fries with his dinner. I told him I would be eating a large cow for dinner.

1 comment:

  1. Oh good grief! I've come to realize in my own online pursuits (substitute "debacles" for pursuits and it's a more truthful statement) that, just because the conversation never stops does not therefore mean the date was a success. I've learned also that I can really talk about anything so sustaining a steady stream of verbal thought is not difficult for me. It's the subject matter that counts. Cranberry juice, farming and lack of television are not what I'd call "Second Date Worthy Conversation Topics." Glad we found each other's blogs...we can commiserate!

    ReplyDelete