Thursday, September 23, 2010

" I got to get outta here, pronto. I got a stage five clinger. Stage five, virgin, clinger. "

A 34 yr old winked back at me, so I sent him a very nice lovely first message.

He responded to me, in a pretty normal way... but he seemed to be slightly showing off by listening all the cool Red Sox games he had ever attended. A little annoying, but I could see past it.

Then, I didn't respond right away (I sometimes pretend like I have a life when I really read most messages instantly)... and another one came through. It said...




hey
good morning! so do you have school today? hows grad school going for ya??? you must live pretty close to TCNJ. My friend coaches there. Well just wanted to say hi, have a great day!!! Hope you dont mind me emailing you again.

J*****

First of all, why do you care if I have school? I understand you asking how its going. That's fine. And yes, I do mind you emailing me again. wait for my response. It was like 11 hours in between the two, 8 of which I was sleeping.

So I write him back. Don't answer his questions about where I live/if I have grad school, but give him another chance. He responds with this email: 




he said
10 hours ago
RE: hey
haha, well i lived just outside Austin, and that city is amazing. I hated dallas and houston with a passion. I live 5 streets from town, and i live right on the river. ITS BEAUTIFUL. i run or bike the bike path alot, and its a nice town to walk into. I am heading into work now for a meeting, then i have practice tonight till 7. id love to chat sometime if your interested. you seem like a very trustworthy girl and only cause your a sox fan. text me if you would like, 401-***-****.

Have a great day!!!!!

J*****

Apparently I am trustworthy. I don't write him back or text. Because you know, I have a job. And then it completely slipped my mind, until I get another email. 

hey
hope you had a great day. 

good night.


j****

Dude... that's stuff you say to your girlfriend. Not a random girl you don't know. He will be getting an email back. To tell him the mistake of his ways. Note the uncapitalized J in his name... he was slowly dying because I didn't respond right away!


This is what my email back says: 


Hey J****, I enjoyed our initial email exchanges but I'm going to have to say that I do not think we are a good match. I don't think its appropriate to email a complete stranger twice in a row without a response, nor do I think it's appropriate to send one just to say "hope you had a great day" or "good night". That is the type of email I would expect from a boyfriend, and not from a stranger. Good luck in your search, and you may want to tone it down a bit with the next girl you talk to. Lily

1 comment:

  1. Urgh, I'm so glad that I'm not the only one who has this opinion. I don't get the "we connected online so we should have instant constant contact and immediately arrive at the level of conversation that involves mundane activities." It's so abnormal. Good for you for telling him outright that you're not interested in that level of conversation. Keep us posted if he writes back!

    ReplyDelete