Thursday, September 16, 2010

The Doughboy


I'm not sure why I bother going on the dates I'm not excited for.  In my experience thus far the feeling I've had bad feelings before the bad dates and good feelings before the good dates. 


I had been looking forward to my Saturday night date all week and it didn't disappoint.  As usual I agonized over whether or not to wear a dress.  There are several reasons that I prefer weeknight first dates.  One is that a dress is not required.  Another is that you can always use work as an excuse to cut it short if the date sucks.  I reserve weekend first dates only for men with serious potential.  The Doughboy qualified.  We met up Saturday night at a trendy lounge in one of my favorite areas of South Florida.  We had delicious drinks and easy conversation.  I popped his internet dating cherry.  He's a white boy who speaks fluent Spanish and dances salsa.  I seem to be good at finding, and liking those (see Thomas).  Naturally, after the lounge we went to a Spanish place and danced salsa.  Luckily it was still early, so we were the only ones there...only the Doughboy and the bartender were witnesses to my terrible excuse for salsa dancing.  We made two or three more bar stops before going back to his place. 

Despite the heavier than usual first date drinking (how quickly we forget the lawyer), I behaved appropriately.  We watched football or football highlights(?)  It was after midnight, so I'm not sure what kind of football is on at that hour.  We kissed a little and made plans for a second date, which will be to the infamous Calle Ocho on Monday.



No comments:

Post a Comment