Wednesday, October 13, 2010

White guy gets defensive...

This particular guy and I actually had a halfway decent message exchange, but lately I haven't been feeling the online dating scene too much for a variety of reasons, so I didn't respond for about a week, which prompted the following exchange:

He said: are you not into white guys?

I said: Actually, my dating history indicates otherwise, but I'm curious...what would make you think that's the problem?

He said: There is no problem here Rika. I'm just asking you why you didn't respond to me. Some people write and tell why they are not interested and some people don't. I figure by now I would not get a response from you. So, I wondered why you never felt inclined to further comunicate with me.


I'm feeling difficult. I think I will make the point that he didn't ask the correct question if that was the case. I'm not sure why, but for some reason arguing feels like more fun then actually looking for a date.

1 comment:

  1. Ha! I love this. His curiosity of why you didn't respond to him automatically generated a race-related question? I'm feeling "cop out" response there! I think he asked exactly the question he wanted the answer to!

    ReplyDelete